Frequently Asked Questions
We are more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have. If you don’t see your question below, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (619) 282-7979. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!
How do I get started?
The first step in starting an exciting career in the beauty industry is contacting an Admissions Counselor to schedule a qualification interview. The Admissions Counselor will be able to answer all your questions and help you decide which program is best suited for you. We are here to assist you in making your goals attainable.
What do I need to enroll?
• Driver’s license, Green Card, Certificate of Naturalization, or government issued photo identification.
• Social Security Card.
• For a student that is foreign to the United States, the applicant is required to write a statement certifying the completion of High School or its equivalent.
• All students are required to pass an admissions test. SDBC uses CPAT Test as an admissions test. Students must pass the test with a minimum score of 118. As stated in the test publisher guidelines. This test will be administered by school personnel.
• All students must have completed the 10th grade, or its’ equivalent as required by the California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology to be eligible to take the State Board examination, or Applicant must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent (GED, California State Proficiency Test, Etc.).
How old do I have to be to enroll?
• You have to be at least 16 years old to enroll.
• You have to be 17 to apply for the State Board Examination.
Is San Diego Beauty College an approved school by the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology?
Yes, San Diego Beauty College was granted an institutional license to operate from the Bureau for Private Post-secondary Education (BPPE) pursuant to California Education Code Section 94311. The Bureau’s license to operate means that the institution and its operation comply with the minimum State standards established under the law of occupational instruction by private post-secondary education institutions.
The following programs are approved:
How long is the program?
The actual length of time for course completion depends on the individual hours of attendance completed per week. Please contact an Admissions Counselor for further details.
When do you have classes?
We offer day, evening, and weekend classes depending on the program you’re interested in.
When can I start school?
We have an open enrollment policy and programs are offered continuously. You can start as soon as you contact the Admissions Department for an appointment, bring in the required documentation, and properly complete the enrollment process. .
Do you help me find a job after I complete the program?
Job placement assistance is provided to our licensed graduate students. We have a network of salons that are always hiring.
If your questions are still not answered here, or from another location within our web site, please contact us by e-mail at SanDiegoBeautyCollege@Gmail.com or by calling us at (619) 282-7979.